This document refers to personal data, which is defined as information concerning any living person (a natural person who hereafter will be called the Data Subject) that is not already in the public domain.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) seeks to protect and enhance the rights of data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data, protection against the unlawful processing of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU. It should be noted that GDPR does not apply to information already in the public domain.
Emma Tellett nutrition's registered address: 7 Harrow Down, Winchester, SO22 4LZ. Emma Tellett nutrition is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office, with registration number: XXXXXX
All contracts are made under English law and subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Emma Tellett nutrition (the “Company”, “Our”, “We” or “Us”) operates emmatellett.co.uk (“Website” or “Site”). We aim to keep your confidential information safe, and this explains how we go about that. “You” or “Your” refers to you as the user of our Site or services, as a client or as appropriate, jointly with someone you are responsible for who is a client or user.
Emma Tellett nutrition complies with the principles of the Data Protection Act 2018 in accordance with General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
We take the security of your personal information very seriously and have taken appropriate measures to prevent unauthorised access or information being lost, damaged or destroyed. In order to support the delivery of our service we may, on occasion, use third party companies e.g. to manage our healthcare software or to process payments. In every instance these companies are contractually obliged to be operating within General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) guidelines.
Personal information which is held in paper files is stored securely.
In the unlikely event of a data breach involving your personal information and affecting your privacy rights, a report will be made to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) within 72 hours.
Collecting information about You
There are two main types of information about you that we collect:
• Specific personal information relating to your health; and
• Web activity data.
We may receive specific personal information about you in different ways:
• Information you provide to us electronically or in writing (web, email, telephone etc.);
• Information you provide to us in person (in a consultation) or from a third party with your express permission; and
• Information that we receive from other sources such as laboratory testing results.
We do not routinely record or monitor telephone calls, although we may be able to on request. If we do record a call for any reason, you will be informed when the recording starts. Anyone who records a telephone call is subject to The Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000. This applies to you if you record a call as much as it would apply to us.
Types of Information
We may hold and use the following information about you:
• Your contact details, including name, address, phone numbers, email address, social media accounts and date of birth;
• Health, employment and lifestyle information;
• details of when you contact us and when we contact you;
• Your preferences for being contacted;
as well as any other information which we reasonably need to perform services for you, or fulfil our regulatory obligations.
Use of Your information
We will use the information we have collected about you to:
• Provide You with health and lifestyle advice;
• Sell You products or services
• Provide marketing information
• Collect payment for good and services
• Recover any debt you owe us;
• Monitor and analyse our business
• Contact you by SMS, letter, telephone, email or in other ways for the above purposes.
Your data may also be used for other purposes for which you give your permission or where we are permitted to do so by law or it is in the public interest to disclose the information or is otherwise permitted under the terms of the Data Protection Act 2018.
If you have opted into receiving health information, recipes, blogs, social media updates etc., you can opt out of them at any time, by clicking on the appropriate link and changing preferences or opting out completely. Where you receive information through a social media network, you may need to change your settings within that network.
Information we share
We share your information internally and with trusted partners who perform services on our behalf and have a commitment to keep it secure. Due to the sensitivity of most of the information we hold, we will not disclose it to other parties or authorities except as authorised by you or as legally required.
Specifically, we may share information about you:
• With any person or organisation we use to operate our business, to collect payments and recover debts or to provide a service on our behalf;
• With anyone we reasonably believe to be your parent, carer or helper where you are unable to handle your own affairs because of mental capacity or other similar issues;
• With anyone we reasonably believe we have permission from You to share it with;
• with any person to whom we sell or transfer (or enter into negotiations to sell or transfer) our business or any of our rights or obligations under any agreement we may have with you. If the transfer or sale goes ahead, the transferee or purchaser may use your personal information in the same way as us;
• With regulatory and governmental authorities ombudsmen, or other authorities, including tax authorities, including those overseas, where we are required by them or have a duty to do so;
Data Retention & Your Rights
We will retain your data for a minimum of 7 years. We do not routinely destroy data, as health history may be useful to you in the future. However, we may do so in the future, and you may also request that your data be destroyed after 7 years.
Should your data be destroyed, paper files will be shredded securely, and electronic files will be deleted or rendered as inaccessible as reasonably possible.
You have a right under GDPR to view information Emma Tellett nutrition holds about you, to have that information amended should it be inaccurate or to have it erased. In general, if you would like to see your information, request any changes or have your record erased then you should contact Emma Tellett nutrition in writing. You will receive a written reply within one month. Other than for simple changes you may be required to provide appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose we will normally accept sight of your original passport, or a copy certified by a solicitor, plus an original copy of a utility bill dated within the last 3 months showing your current address).
If you are unhappy about the way in which your data is being handled by Emma Tellett nutrition you have the right to complain to the ICO.
Information is principally shared within the UK; however it may be necessary to share information abroad and outside the EEA. Furthermore, caching or storage of the information may occur anywhere in the world transparently to you or us. We will endeavour to ensure that the information is always held at least to the standards laid out in this Policy.
Cookies are small files that websites leave on your computer for many reasons including saving preferences, assisting transactions, continuity between web pages and visits, saving you from having to login in again, as well as for web site analytics and site optimisation. You can read more about them here: www.allaboutcookies.org.
Our Site may contain links to third party web sites or social media features. We do not accept any responsibility for what you might find on third party web sites or encounter with social media. Please be aware that social media networks’ tracking is often highly sophisticated, and you may be tracked by any social media network represented by an icon on our Site if you have not logged out of the social media network and deleted all their cookies.
We recognise that most people enjoy the benefits of social networking; but to avoid such tracking, we recommend closing your browser and clearing all tracking data after visiting a social network site.
For the purposes of GDPR the data controller is Emma Tellett nutrition with registered address 7 Harrow Down, Winchester, SO22 4LZ
If you have any queries about this policy please contact Emma Tellett nutrition who will be happy to help at email@example.com.
Last updated February 2020
7 Harrow Down
Winchester, Hampshire, SO22 4LZ